(NAR) VOL. 12 NO. 1 / JANUARY - MARCH 2001
SECTION 1 Objectives -a. All participating private establishments, companies, recruitment agencies, job contractors/sub-contractors must have existing job vacancies or approved job orders which must be submitted to the Regional Office, copy furnished the PESO, at least ten (10) working days before the Jobs Fair.
The Guidelines shall help to fast-track the delivery of employment facilitation services to the poor, unemployed, new entrants to the labor force, displaced and returning migrant workers throughout the country; assist in the filling-up of vacancies of employers; and strengthen Support for anti-illegal recruitment campaign of the Department of Labor and Employment.
SECTION 2. Definition of Terms -
a. Regional Office - refers to the Regional Office of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) having jurisdiction over the conduct of the Jobs Fair.
b. PESO - refers to the Public Employment Service Office having jurisdiction over the conduct of a Jobs Fair
c. Requesting Party - refers to the entity requesting to host or sponsor a Jobs Fair.
d. Participating entity - refers to employers, companies, licensed private recruitment and placement agencies, licensed employment agencies for overseas employment, registered contractors/sub-contractors who will be joining the Jobs Fair for purposes of recruitment.
e. Private Recruitment and Placement Agency (PRPA) - refers to a recruitment and placement agency for local employment duly licensed by the DOLE.
f. Private Employment Agency (PEA) - refers to a recruitment and placement agency for overseas employment duly licensed by the POEA
g. Registered Contractor/Subcontractor - refers to job/service contractor/subcontractor duly registered by the DOLE pursuant to Department Order No. 10, s. 1997.
h. Private Entity - refers to any individual, partnership, cooperative, or corporation having a legal and juridical personality and existing under the laws of the Philippines.
i. Educational institution - refers to any private or public educational institution existing under the laws of the Philippines.
j. Jobs Fair - refers to an employment facilitation strategy to fast-track the meeting of job seekers and employers, licensed/authorized recruitment agencies, and registered job-contractors/sub-contractors in one specific venue at a specified date and to disseminate information on other DOLE programs and services
k. Job Vacancies - refer to existing job opportunities in enterprises of employers and/or listed with licensed/authorized recruitment agencies, and registered job contractors/subcontractors, accredited to participate in the Jobs fair.
I. Job Order - refers to overseas job vacancies posted by accredited employers approved by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA).
m. Jobs Fair Placement Report - refers to the report on applicants hired for local employment to be submitted by participating employers, private recruitment and placement agencies and registered job-Contractors/sub-contractors to the Regional Office, copy furnished the PESO not later than one (1) month after a particular Jobs Fair.
n. Jobs Fair Deployment Report - refers to the report on workers placed abroad to be submitted by participating private employment agencies to the POEA, copy furnished the Regional Office and the PESO, not later than ninety (90) days after a particular Jobs Fair.
o. Jobs Fair Terminal Report - refers to the report to be submitted to the duly authorized representative of the Regional Office, copy furnished the duly authorized representative of the PESO, by the participating-employers., PRPAs and PEAs, job-contractors/sub-contractors, and other participating agencies before leaving the venue of the Jobs Fair,
SECTION 3.Coverage These Guidelines shall apply to alt Jobs Fair to be conducted, hosted, sponsored and/or co-sponsored by Non-Government. Organizations and other private entities including educational institutions and participated in by accredited employers, PRPAs and PEAs, or registered contractors/subcontractors,
SECTION 4. Procedure in the Conduct of Jobs Fair
A Before the Actual Jobs Fair1 Role/responsiblity of requesting partyB. During the Jobs Fair
The Requesting Party shall file a request for the conduct of Jobs Fair, in writing, with the Regional Office, copy furnished the PESO, at least ten (10) working days before the scheduled date of the Jobs Fair enclosing therewith the list of employers and agencies intending to participate in the Jobs Fair with copies of license registration certificate and job orders/vacancies: The request should indicate the proposed date and venue of the Jobs Fair. Private employment agencies to participate in the Jobs Fair must properly secure Provincial Recruitment Authority (PRA) from the POEA.
2. The DOLE Regional Director and/or his duly authorized representative/s shall conduct an ocular inspection of the venue of the proposed Jobs Fair as well as verify the job vacancies, job orders and licenses of the participant employers and agencies within five (5) working days from receipt of said request. Job vacancies and job orders must be matched with the skills registry in the area
3. The DOLE Regional Director, shall evaluate and .determine the merit of the request and approve the request in writing within five (5) working days from receipt thereof. Copy of the approval shall be furnished the PESO concerned.1. Representatives of the Regional Office and/or the PESO shall supervise the conduct of the Jobs Fair to ensure its conformity with the existing rules.C. After the Jobs Fair
2. If the Jobs Fair includes the participation of private employment agencies, representative/s from the, POEA shall likewise supervise the Jobs Fair to ensure, its conformity with POEA Rules and Regulations.
3. Jobs Fair Procedure must be posted inconspicuous places in the venue.1. Before leaving the venue of the Jobs Fair, all participating employers, companies, recruitment agencies, and job-contractors/subcontractors or their duly authorized representative/s shall submit Jobs Fair Terminal Report, using the prescribed form, to the duly authorized representative of the PESO. If the Jobs Fair is participated in by private employment agencies, the POEA representative must be furnished copy of the Jobs Fair Terminal Report.SECTION 5. Requirements for participating employers and agencies -
2 Within one (1) month after the Jobs Fair and every month thereafter until such time that the final report is submitted, the participating employers, companies, PRPAs, and job contractors/sub-contractors shall submit Jobs Fair Placement Report to the Regional Office, copy furnished the PESO, using the prescribed form.
3. Within ninety (90) days after the Jobs Fair and every month thereafter until such time that the final report is submitted, the participating private employment agencies shall submit Jobs Fair Deployment Report, using the prescribed form, to the POEA, copy furnished the Regional Office and the PESO.
4. The Regional Office, with the assistance of the PESO, shall consolidate all reports for submission to the DOLE Secretary copy furnished the Bureau of Local Employment.