(NAR) VOL.8 NO. 1 / JANUARY-MARCH 1997
Following a review and assessment of the policies and procedures in the accreditation of principals hiring performing artist for Japan and upon the recommendation of POLO's in Japan, the EIAC and the POEA, the temporary suspension of accreditation for new principals in Japan directed by Department Order No. 30, Series of 1994 is hereby lifted effective immediately.
Accreditation, however, shall be subject to the following requirements.
1. Attendance of the President and other senior officers and staff of the Japanese promotions company at a special briefing at the Office of the Philippine Labor Attache on their obligations and responsibilities in the Philippine government's program on the welfare and protection of Filipino artists;
2. Submission of an Affidavit of Undertaking where the Japanese promoter will acknowledge his responsibilities and adherence to the guidelines on the watchlisting and blacklisting of promotions companies/venues in the event of violations of the rules and regulations on the employment of performing artists;
3. Initial bookings for a minimum of 50 artists upon application;
4. Provision of onsite facilities for continuous training in the performing arts, Japanese, personality enhancement, and career development;
5. Provision of counselling services to strengthen emotional and spiritual support to the artists;
A performance assessment will be conducted on the new principal one (1) year after accreditation is granted.
The renewal of accreditation of principals accredited prior to this Department Order shall be subject to the additional requirements described here as well as to an assessment of their performance in terms of:
a. nature and number of complaints/cases lodged against the principal; and
b. cooperation in the settlement of problems and resolution of cases.
The POEA, in close coordination with the Labor Attache Offices in Japan, is hereby directed to issue the implementing guidelines of this Department Order within fifteen (15) days from today.
Adopted: 14 Feb. 1997
(SGD.) LEONARDO A. QUISUMBING