(NAR) VOL.8 NO. 4 / OCTOBER - DECEMBER 1997
1. In accordance with the provisions of R.A. No. 4109, R.A. No. 7394, Executive Order no. 913, Letter of Instruction No. 1208. DAO 9, Series of 1990, DAO No. 1, Series of 1997, DAO No. 8, Series of 1995, Sec (4), Chapter 2, Book IV of the Administrative Code of 1987 and other related rules and regulations, the mandatory implementation of the following standards is hereby ordered, for the protection of consumers and the general public.
1.1 PNS 1997/IEC 335-2-21: 1989 — Safety of household and similar electrical appliances Part 2:
Particular requirements for storage water heaters
PNS 1558: 1997 Amd. 01: 1997/IEC 335-2-21: 1989 Amendment no. 1: 1990
PNS 1558: 1997 Amd. 02: 1997/IEC 335-2-21: 1989 Amendment no. 2: 1990
PNS 1558: 1997 Amd. 03: 1997/IEC 335-2-21: 1989 Amendment no. 3: 1992
1.2. PNS 1559: 1997/IEC 335-2-35: 1991 — Safety of household and similar electrical appliances Part 2: Particular requirements for instantaneous water heaters
2. All manufacturers, distributors, importers and retailers of said products shall comply with the requirements of these standards.
3. A third party certification, known as the PS Quality Certification Mark, shall be obtained from the Bureau of Product Standards (BPS) by all manufacturers of said products. Importers of these products shall secure a commodity clearance from the BPS as a pre-requisite of import shipments released by the Bureau of Customs.
4. BPS shall promulgate implementing guidelines specifying implementing timetables, taking into consideration present inventory levels, production capabilities of industries, and testing capabilities of BPS and other testing institutions. When necessary, BPS may designate an appropriate competent organization to assist in various aspects of standards implementation work (such as product inspection, testing, market monitoring) for these products.
5. The implementation of these standards shall be done in coordination with the DTI Regional and Provincial Offices and the Bureau of Trade Regulation and Consumer Protection.
6. All other orders or parts thereof which are inconsistent with the provisions of this Administrative Order are hereby repealed or amended accordingly.
7. This Orders takes effect fifteen (15) days after publication in two newspapers of general circulation.
Copies of said standards may be secured from the BPS Data Center.
Adopted: 3 Nov. 1997
(SGD.) JESUS L. MOTOOMUL