1. Scope of the Plan, The Position and Compensation Plans for the Industrial/Area Development group shall apply to the following corporations:
Central Luzon-Cagayan Valley Authority
Export Processing Zone Authority
Human Settlements Development Corporation
Laguna Lake Development Authority
Leyte Sub-A Basin Development Authority
Manila Gas Corporation
National Development Company
Public Estates Authority
2. Positions Classification. Positions shall be classified using the national classification method and on the basis of pre-determined standards and factors,
A position classification plan shall be prepared for the corporations in the industrial/area development group, adjusted to reflect unique jobs in each of the corporations in the group. These shall be determined on the basis of approved standards/factors and issued by the Minister of the Budget.
3. Compensation Schedule. The schedule attached to this Letter shall comprise the compensation schedule applicable to positions paid on monthly or annual basis,
4. Salaries for Top Management Positions. The compensation of the executive positions in a corporation shall depend upon the asset size and operations of the corporation and upon its overall financial performance. The maximum levels of basic salary for the top positions in the largest and most profitable corporations shall be as follows:
|Assistant General Manager )|
|Deputy Administrator )||P72,000,00|
|Deputy General Manager )|
Provided , That salaries actually being received by any official in excess of these rates may continue, subject to Item No. 6 hereof.
5. Maximum Level of Allowances and Benefits. Policies on allowances and other benefits now in force for each corporation shall be maintained.
6. Implementing Details. Implementing details of the Position and Compensation plan shall be issued by the Ministry of the Budget, which shall observe the following guide lines:
a. The increases shall be staggered within the limits of corporate financial performance. No government subsidy or equity investment shall be approved to finance any salary increase;
b. The implemented total Increase in basic salary, allowances and fringe benefits In any one year shall be within the approved position classification and compensation plan for the group and for any one corporation, shall not in any case exceed twenty-five. (25%) of the actual total personal services expenses of the immediately preceding year, adjusted for increases in staffing;
c. An across-the-board increase of ten percent (10%) in basic salary shall be Immediately implemented for the various corporations, except for senior executive positions where existing scales exceed those indicated by Item No, 4 of this Letter, This shall be considered as an interim measure pending the approval of the position classification plan described under Item No. 2 hereof;
d. The allowances and/or fringe benefits of senior executive whose basic salary already exceed those specified in Item No. 4 hereof may be increased to make up for any difference between actual compensation now received and the amount otherwise authorized under this Letter;
e. Hiring rates for positions shall be established for each corporation, depending upon its size and profitability;
f. The implementation schedule for corporations incurring a loss in 1978 shall be prepared by the corporations concerned hand in hand with a profit plan and shall be subject to ease to case approval by the Ministry of the Budget; and
g. Any changes in the approved position classification and pay plans, including re classification action, shall be subject to the approval of the Minister of the Budget.
7. Effectivity Date. The Position Classification and Compensation Plans herein directed shall take effect on May 1, 1979.
Done in the City of Manila, this 1st day of October, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and seventy-nine.
(Sgd.) FERDINAND E. MARCOS
By the President:
(Sgd.) JACOBO C. CLAVE
Presidential Executive Assistant