(NAR) VOL. 7 NO. 4 / October-December 1996
[ PPA MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. 07-95, June 16, 1995 ]
CREATING THE PPA PMO SOUTH HARBOR SPECIAL TAKEOVER UNIT (PPA PMO-SHSTU)
In the interest of public service and in the exercise of the inherent functions of the Authority to directly provide and operate cargo handling and other related port services as prescribed by Presidential Decree No. 857, as amended, there is hereby created the PPA PMO-South Harbor Special Takeover Unit.(SGD.) CARLOS L. AGUSTIN
The PPA PMO-SHSTU shall henceforth provide and operate the stevedoring services at the South Harbor, Port Area, Manila with powers, functions and duties as are or may be necessary to enable it to carry out its purposes, subject to the following guidelines:
1. Ensure the continuous and uninterrupted stevedoring services in a more efficient manner;
2. Utilize the present labor force under the same terms and conditions prevailing at the time of this Order or those agreed upon by PPA South Harbor and the herein mentioned labor union subject to confirmation of the Office of the General Manager;
3. Collect at existing rates and amounts, such charges for services rendered;
4. Disburse funds to finance the necessary operational expenses in accordance with the systems prescribed by the Authority;
5. Authorize, whenever necessary, overtime services of the management and personnel of the PPA PMO-SHSTU including the labor union personnel who may be directed to render such services and to make necessary disbursement/expenses chargeable against funds provided for the purpose;
6. Inventory cargoes received and still in the custody of the operator as of takeover date;
7. Inventory stevedoring equipment, gears, tools and other properties of the operator;
8. Inventory cargo records and claims;
9. Inventory unused forms and supplies which can be used for the actual takeover operations; and
10. Inventory office and field personnel.
Management, supervision and control of the PMO-SHSTU shall be under the Port Manager, PMO South Harbor to be complemented by such PPA officials and employees as the Office of the General Manager or Port Manager in that PMO may hereafter designate.
This Order takes effect immediately.
Adopted: 16 June 1995
Source: Supreme Court E-Library
This page was dynamically generated by the E-Library Content Management System (E-LibCMS)