(NAR) VOL. 21 NO.4 OCTOBER - DECEMBER 2010
1. The terms and conditions provided therein are the minimum requirements acceptable to the POEA for the employment of Filipino seafarers on board-ocean going ships.
2. The parties to the contract may improve on the minimum terms and conditions, provided such improvements shall be made in writing and appended to the contract of employment.
3. Manning agencies shall use and submit to the POEA, the full text of the seafarer’s employment contract herein attached including improvements, if any, for approval and processing. Such improvements in the contract shall have prospective application.
4. Manning agencies are directed to inform and provide copies of the amended terms and conditions to all its accredited principals/employers.
5. Manning agencies shall ensure that its departing seafarers are given a copy of the processed and approved employment contract, including its improvements if any. Under no circumstances shall seafarers be allowed to leave for their respective vessels without a copy of the processed employment contract. Such contract shall be randomly checked at the airports.
6. PDOS providers for seafarers are directed to include in the Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) of its hired seafarers, the provisions of the amended terms and conditions governing the employment of Filipino seafarers on board ocean-going ships.
This Circular shall take effect fifteen (15) days after publication in a newspaper of general circulation.
(SGD.) NORIEL P. DEVANADERA
OIC – Administrator